Tuesday, May 8, 2012

That Heartbreaking Loss

May 06, 2012, game 7 of the Commissioner's Cup between two heavyweights and equally talented teams in the PBA - the Bmeg Llamados and the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters. My heart was beating so fast and my hands were shaking during the dying seconds. In my mind, Talk 'N Text is on its way to defending their Commissioner's Cup trophy and their hopes for a grand slam this season is within reach. I was already jumping up and down until that last second call by the referee and all of a sudden the joy turned to anxiety. 
Denzel Bowles made his crucial two free throws and they needed five more minutes to decide who's the winner. Before that crucial seconds, Donnell Harvey already was out of the game and I just knew that my team will be in a lot of danger because there was nobody to defend Bowles.

I watched Denzel Bowles wrecking havoc, one shot after the other and I watched my team slowly sinking. I watched Jimmy Alapag being carried out of the court due to cramps. I witnessed Ryan Reyes screaming in pain after a bad fall. Jayson Castro fell on the floor and Ali Peek fouling out. Those were too much of a scene for me to watch. I did not finish the game because it will only make cry.


2 comments:

  1. for me, still we are the Champion...

    http://www.jaz4atot.com/2012/05/pride-behind-guilt.html

    http://jaz4atot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah in the eyes and in the heart of all TNT fans, we are the champion!

    ReplyDelete